To keep us motivated on all our 2016 resolutions!
I am that person that loves symbolic fresh starts and the opportunity to take stock of what I have done and what I need to do. It’s a clean slate. January 1st is a glorious day to set the foundation and tone for the upcoming year.
After some reflection, I realized my personal and work life never had clear demarcation lines, but have always managed (for the most part) to co-exist… OR the people in my life are incredibly patient. I think it’s a bit of both. This helped me realize my hope for the new year: Prioritize better and focus. I’ve become an expert at multi-tasking, but lost much of my focus on one thing at a time…or just paying attention for more than a minute without getting impatient.
This year happens to be the start of my new 5-Year Plan. If you know me, you know about my insane, detailed plans.
Closing out the last plan and seeing all that I’ve done was amazing. I realized I just do shit. I have an idea and whether it works or not, I’ll try it. I guess that’s a good thing but realize sometimes I pile so much on my plate, I get overwhelmed.
So aside from the big hope of the year, here is what I want to accomplish in 2016. Friends and family, please hold me accountable! I am putting this out there.
- By my 35th Birthday (March 27th – Easter Sunday! Bri and Jesus celebration, haha), I want to be in the best shape of my life. That would be 100lbs – mind you, I was 103lbs at my wedding 7.5 years ago. Yikes.
- I cut my blood pressure medication by 75% in 2015. Want to cut the remaining dosage in half this year. Gotta remove this from diet.
- Learn Spanish at Idlewild: http://idlewildbooks.com This has been a resolution for a decade. I signed up for a class that starts January 11th and have Rosetta Stone. Bueno suerto, Bri!
- Take a comedy class. Yup, I’ve secretly always wanted to be comedian. I think laughter is the best feeling in the world and when I can make someone laugh it feels awesome. I am not clever and I take things way too seriously so stand up comedy does not come naturally. What I do have are funny stories and content. Hope the classes will help me communicate it like my idols Chris Rock and Jim Gaffigan (side note: have you read his book Food? Hysterical). My classes start this summer and I do a show as the finale. My friends are highly anticipating this event. Might be bigger and better than one of my birthday parties. How clever is this –
- Do a second tour of Asia. This time it will be Thailand, Vietnam, China. Plan is for April to celebrate my 35th.
- Continue posting on this blog and just enjoying it.
- FORGIVE. I would like to believe I do it well but I don’t. I am awesome at holding grudges whether I mean to or not. I also remember everything. I will probably use my next hypnosis session to work on this one…
There’s my hopes for 2016. I think this summarizes it completely:
It’s amazing to think, but in the end, you really get to make your own life. 2016 is gonna be one hell of an adventure.