Life has handed us all lemons…so what do you do when it happens?
Put A Sliced Lemon Next to Your Bed At Night:
- Few scents are as refreshing as a lemon.
- Slice it into quarters and sprinkle some salt on it. Done!
- Put those slices on your nightstand and brace yourself for these benefits:
- Stress Relief: The smell of citrus relaxes one’s brain waves and emotions.
- Increased Focus: If you’re an insomniac whose brain tends to race all over the place – like me – a good night’s sleep is dependent on focusing on positive things and relaxation exercises that will get you to a state of rest. That’s where the focus-boosting lemon fragrance does its job!
- Better Breathing: Let the gentle scent of that anti-oxidizing, anti-bacterial fruit waft through your nostrils and sleep.
- Buh-bye Insects: Tired of mosquitoes making a meal of you at night? Or maybe it’s that fly buzzing around your ear that’s got you going insane. Fear no more! Lemon repels all sorts of insects!
- Increased Energy & Positivity By Morning: I know, morning is the last thing you want to think about as you climb into bed. But those slices on your nightstand will make wake-up time a lot less painful. That’s because the smell of lemon boosts your brain’s serotonin levels.
- Improved Air Quality: When’s the last time you thought about your home’s air quality? Not sure? Lemon not only smells great – it also purifies air. It’s so powerful you can use it to draw paint fumes out of a room.
- Blood Pressure Reduction: Considering many American’s suffer from high blood pressure – myself included – this little lemon comes in handy.
Make Warm Turmeric Water with Lemon:
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Curcumin or the active ingredient of turmeric is a powerful antioxidant which can provide many health benefits. Try turmeric water – which has numerous healing properties – and combine it with lemon juice.
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ lemon
- Organic honey
- Warm water
You need to squeeze the lemon juice into a glass and pour the warm water into it. Then, mix it along with the turmeric. Add the honey and make sure to mix them well. Enjoy!
Benefits of Turmeric Water:
- Keeps Diabetes in check
Turmeric has the ability to regulate insulin resistance and to prevent diabetes type 2. It is very important to consult your doctor before using it because when it is combined with certain medications, it can cause some side-effects such as hypoglycemia.
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant properties
- Relieves Arthritis
- Prevents Heart Disease
- Prevents Cancer
Drink Lemon Water Every Morning on an Empty Stomach
There are numerous health benefits to this daily practice due to the fact that water keeps the body hydrated and removes toxins while lemon contains essential nutrients like calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin C, A, and B-complex, pectin fiber, carbohydrates and proteins. Lemons also have the powerful antibacterial, antiviral and immunity boosting properties along with citric acid. The most important benefits from this simple practice are:
- Boosts Immune System
- Cleanses the Urinary Tract
- Improves Digestion
- Increases Skin Health
- Helps Weight Loss
- Controls High Blood Pressure
- Boosts Energy
- Balances pH Levels
- Treats Throat Infections
- Treats Bad Breath