Ahhh, the Magic City. I am probably in Miami 4x a year. My first adventure was in my early 20’s (I’m dating myself)….and each trip truly gets better.
*Bienvenido a Miami*
Miami is always changing. There is so much more than lounging on the beach – although it is absolutely stunning.
You have a cultural scene, a growing food community and new districts popping up. It’s full of vibrancy, decadence, art, music, and literature. Because of this, I will definitely be updating this guide. But for now, these are my favorites. Enjoy!
*One of our first BNB Trips*
- Faena Hotel is the place to be right now.
Everything about this hotel is superb. They have two exquisite restaurants: Los Fuegos (South American live fire cooking!) and Pao (French, Spanish, Japanese and Filipino!) The bar is stunning. They also have an old Hollywood theater where they do cabaret performance. Very old-school and super sexy.
*Steak at Los Fuegos – it was as close to my Buenos Aires steak experience in the U.S.*
- The Edition is the other fabulous hotel. Basement is the underground lounge with a bowling alley and ice rink. My best friend, Linda, and I had a very good night here…
*Rocking the gutter ball*
- 1 Hotel is a stunning hotel with such a chill, beautiful vibe. Get up to the roof for dinner/cocktails. Also had a great time here with a few lovely ladies.
- The Standard (spa is awesome and so are amenities – they have outside tubs!) I try to stay here if I don’t need to be on South Beach. I call it my retreat. The food is healthy and delicious, also.
- Viceroy is beautiful and the spa is beyond amazing.
- Red Steakhouse – Ridiculous steak and the veal parm is phenomenal.
*Flintstone style meat*
- Prime 112 – the beautiful people/see and be seen steak house. Sexy vibe. Good steaks. Great meatballs. The Rock was there filming Ballers – I would love to dine with him 🙂
- Juvia (French/Japanese) – On the top of a parking garage. Very cool atmosphere and food.
- Baoli – just a trendy cool spot.
Farm To Table
- Michael’s Genuine is healthier classic contemporary American in the Design District.
- Yardbird Southern Table and Bar – FRIED CHICKEN!
- The Bazaar by Jose Andres – very interesting, unique dishes and pairings that are unexpected but super delicious.
- Cecconi’s (in SOHO Beach House) – Mediterranean / Italian. Because it’s in SOHO house you have a lot of industry people there. Chill vibe.
- The Forge – old world Miami steak. It still has an 1822 Château Lafite Rothschild worth $165,000.
- The Restaurant @ the Setai is stunning. A beautiful overall experience.
- Joe’s Stone Crab – if in season, best crabs around. I could eat a plate myself.
- Il Gabbiano is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the world. Chicken and Veal parm are outstanding. All pastas are divine and the wine list is extensive. Very beautiful atmosphere, too. Gino Masci is one of the owners. Sweetest guy.
- Zuma Downtown is a very fun Sunday brunch.
- 27 hands down. Brunch is overwhelmingly delicious.
- Versailles or Havana 1957
- MR CHOW is always a fun Americanized Chinese restaurant. Chow’s Peking duck is ridiculous.
- Matador Room is Jean George’s new spot in The Edition Hotel. They took his ABC Cocina menu and revitalized it for a little more upscale experience.
- Milos Greek is high concept Greek. The seafood is delicious.
- 1 Hotel rooftop
- Anywhere in the EDITION or Faena Hotel
- Rec Room
- Delano Hotel by pool (classic)
*Headed to the Delano for the all white party…*
- Broken Shaker
- Honorable mention: Ted’s Hideaway – dive bar with a jukebox – need I say more?
- Design District is fun to walk around in. Great boutique shops.
- Bal Harbour Shops – high end shops. Fun people watching, too.
- Sky Diving
- Lincoln Road Mall
- Experience Cuba in Little Havana
- Barry’s Boot Camp (right by The Standard Hotel)
- Soul Cycle (in 1 Hotel)
- Cross Fit outside
- I stay away from clubs these days. That was my jam in my 20’s…BUT if you go this route, LIV, Cameo and Story are the big ones.
- Honorable mention: E11even – the 24 hour club/bar/rooftop/eatery – pretty much everything you want or need at 4am. Wound up here by accident (long story) but it was an epic night. It’s across the street from Club Space…
*Rooftop of E11even*