While this is not all about travel, it falls under merry-making + travel + partying. Here are few fun highlights from 2015 – Enjoy and hope it makes you laugh as much as I did while writing it.
- Set the intentions of kicking ass this year
- Seeing my godson, Jacob Thomas
- Keith and I bought international property in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
- Planning the 2015 Summer Travel
- Celebrating Easter
- My 34th Birthday
- Got to see 2 of my oldest friends, Justin Leffler and Matt Ciantar. It was Matt’s wedding. We’ve all known each other since 3rd grade!
- The DogPound Appreciation Party
- Learning to enjoy Caliche Rum with cigars. Thanks Shendi Lu! Thanks Felicia and Dan for joining the craziness!
- Ran a 10k
- Visiting Jerusalem (check out my Jerusalem post for the actual city guide)
- The Pilgrimage Tour with my best friend, Linda Gomes. We hit Paris, Ibiza (we made it!) and Lisbon
- Best Dominican brunch with the DogPound Crew
- Swan’s Birthday Extraganza
- Lunch with former Rutger’s coach Kyle Flood. He liked Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur!
- Bi-annual Hennessy Crew reunion over…surprise, surprise…Italian Food and wine/champagne
- Lauren’s Engagement Party – the Bad News Bitches Crew and our men
- I work for the coolest company, Serralles, USA. Company meeting was in NOLA
- Helicopter ride with Keith
- The annual Shitek’s Summer Series Mets Game: Keith and Brian make it on the Met’s jumbo tron
- U2 Concert
- Keith’s 35th Birthday
- The 10-day Scotland + Ireland Trip with my in-laws (I will be posting this story in the next month – stay tuned!)
- Trish Mannion’s “Sensational” Miami Birthday
- Keith and I felt grown up. We bought a new washer and dryer
- Global Citizen with the DogPound
- Joy Luck Club gals (Swan + Mel) hit Wo Hop (my dad’s old chinatown haunt)
- Swan and my Brooklyn / Queens pizza tour
- I bought sparkle sneaks!
- Caliche Rum made it on the Times Square Billboard with Instapour
- METS Playoffs + World Series. Thrilled we saw Game 3 – Home field and they won
- Rutgers vs. Wisconsin – Halloween in Madison with the RU Crew – rained all weekend!
- LA Adoption Ball with Domenic Venneri. I won 2 nights at the Bangkok Peninsula hotel and a baby bag…what does that mean?!
- Keith in Dodgeball Playoffs
- John Santos’ epic Birthday
- Dec 1st: Launch of Three Quarters There and celebrating the life of my beautiful sister, Nicole Caruso, with her favorite wine
- Decided if I ever own a home, this will be my Holiday Front Lawn Decor – always wanted a Griswold Family Christmas 🙂
- Melissa Mao and Chris Cedeno’s Fabulous Holiday/Housewarming Party with the original Rutgers Matia Crew
- Bi – annual Hennessy crew dinner (aka: Bad News Big Shots as Keith named us)
- Leaf Cookies – my favorite cookie (thanks Mom)
- My favorite ornament (thanks Adam Ponsi)
- The Guest Bartender Series at Piora featuring Caliche Rum and Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur, and bringing together some of the finest bartenders in Manhattan. The cocktail creations = AMAZING.
- Christmas @ The Caruso Household: hanging with Rambo and my brother, Paulie Walnuts
- STAR WARS
- Keith and my holiday ritual: Tree, lighting candles for our families, Broadway and champagne at the Palace Hotel
- Spending Christmas in The Villages, Florida with my in-laws. Can’t you tell I love golf, and the bench is real! Stay tuned for the detailed post on this later in January
This had to have it’s own category. The different Christmas Food Spreads I experienced.
Small: The Witek Family (Keith’s parents)
Party of 5 (all big eaters): Prime rib, croissants, 3 rolls and butter from Christmas Eve dinner at Cody’s Restaurant, caprese salad, 4 baked potatoes, string beans
Large: The Ross Family (my Uncle Frank and Aunt Evelyn)
Party of 5 adults and 3 small children who ate already: Ham, 2 Chicken dishes, 3 veggie dishes, macaroni salad, baked potatoes
Not shown: beef stroganoff, antipasto plate
XXL: Mom and Dad Caruso (no one does it better than my parents who have no concept of portion control or assortment of trays)
Party of 4: There are no hunger games at my house – Salad, Mom’s Famous pepperoni bread + meatballs, sausage and peppers, meatloaf wrapped in bacon, potatoes and onions, raviolis, fresh bread and she always gets me my leaf cookies. Check out the leftovers picture. That’s what we took home!
*I fell in love with Keith even more knowing he was comfortable enough to constructively criticize her pepperoni bread: “You have to go back to semolina. The bread dough you used doesn’t have the structural integrity to hold all the fillings.”
And another that deserves its own category
Epic Rutgers Tailgates – Holy food! Awesome friends! Overdosing on fun! We now have babies at the tailgates. Crap, we’re getting old. Will the team ever win?
Cheers to a memorable 2015!